Hostess of The Sampler Girl Podcast ... Here I journal about my knitting bliss, what's on & off the needles, life raising 2 boys, making good eats and finding God's mercies every morning. Tea, yoga, and dark chocolate make it ALL sweet.

18 April 2013

progress

This morning I finally, finally!, finished designing my ornament design for Just Cross Stitch's Christmas 2013 issue ... oh I'm so grateful for an extended deadline because everything I had come up with wasn't working and today was the day it all clicked. I think you'll like the outcome - so look for that issue later in the year!

Last night I couldn't sleep and didn't feel like reading so I got up and knit. The green/yellow/cream combination cotton yarn struck me over the weekend and I ended up starting a simple shawl with it. I like it so far ... simple pattern from Lion Brand called Spring Garden Shawl. I'm going to adapt it somehow to make the last portion more ruffly. We'll see how that goes. In the meanwhile, I've got many rows ahead of me. I wish I had this done and on my shoulders the other night at the ballfield when Ben's team had their first game of the season. Whooosh! went the wind. Oh and the team won 10-6 ... woot woot!!!

Off to forage for lunch! Using your brain sure makes ya hungry.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Tanya,

What yarn are you using for this?

Linda in VA

The Sampler Girl said...

Linda ~ it's Lily Sugar'n Cream Natural in Guacamole!

Miss LindaLee said...

I love the colors in the yarn for your shawl. Keep us updated as you progress on it.

LindaLee at
CrossN' My Stitches

Tracey said...

Really like this... you are off to a great start! I'm curious to see how you are going to make the bottom portion "more ruffly" ☺

Linda said...

Thanks Tanya...I've never seen that color in that brand - but I like it!

Linda in VA

Lisa said...

I can't wait to see the Just CrossStitch Ornament edition. And, please show us your shawl when complete!

Michelle said...

I love the JCS Ornament Issue so will look out for your design xx