Hostess of The Sampler Girl Podcast ... Here I journal about my knitting bliss, what's on & off the needles, life raising 2 boys, making good eats and finding God's mercies every morning. Tea, yoga, and dark chocolate make it ALL sweet.

25 March 2013

cinnamon chip breakfast cake

before

after
 
Saw this recipe on Pinterest and was eager to make it and finally use that bag of cinnamon chips I had in the pantry! The recipe calls for all purpose flour and whole wheat flour but says you can use all all purpose flour which is what I did because I didn't have the other on hand. I can't tell you how good this smelled while it was baking. Cinnamon lovers will really enjoy this. Serve with plain yogurt and berries and mmmmmmm.

This morning after eating, Zack said 'we don't like it, we love it!'

7 comments:

Gillie said...

Oh you wicked woman, putting up those gorgeous
pictures!

Deb said...

I'm going to have to try this. After seeing your pictures on Instagram my mouth has been watering ever since!

Terri said...

Oh this sounds SO good, but I've never heard of cinnamon chips before. Where can I find them?

The Sampler Girl said...

Terri ~ I got these cinnamon chips around the holiday time at Walmart and FINALLY had a recipe to use them :) They are pretty hard to find but check your grocery store from time to time - they'd be where the chocolate chip and butterscotch morsels are ... also check Target!

Tanya

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

I am so glad that you liked the breakfast cake! Thanks for sharing!

gracie said...

thank you for sharing...sounds...smells so good!

Tracey said...

This sounds divine- I think I will make it for Easter breakfast at church!